AdPower

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Snoop Dogg Reflects On Doggystyle 20 Anniversary

Two decades ago today, Snoop Dogg released his first solo project, Doggystyle. Talking with MTV, Snoop reflects on the impact of the album, creating the tracks and reveals he has never listened to it all the way through.
 
Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 12.16.01 PM
 
 
“I don’t believe I’ve ever listened to the whole album and I’m being honest with you. I ain’t never listen toDoggystyle top to bottom. I may have listened to songs, but I’ve never listened to it.”

Back then it meant a lot because it was being able to stand on my own two feet and put out a project for the first and to actually be heard and seen for who I am individually. Now what it means, it’s an accomplishment. Looking back at it, it was very well put together, it was standards, it showed me the way to do it, the only way to do it.

Murder Was the Case‘ that was kinda hard because I started writing on another beat and I was writing a different kinda story. And then once Dre gave me that beat the story came to life and it was like I’m writing a story about me making a deal with the Devil, me going to jail. These things didn’t even happen to me, then I’m writing about ‘em and slowly but surely those things began to happen to me.”
 
 
 

Peep The Video


Get More: Music News


Snoop talks 'Doggystyle' in 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment