AdPower

Friday, October 18, 2013

Drake: “I’m So Sick Of People Saying That I’m Lonely And Emotional”

Drake sat down for an hour-long conversation with Q Radio’s Jian Ghomeshi earlier yesterday. The two talked about the creative process for Nothing Was The Same, with Drake saying that 40 pushed him to create a concise body of work for this album.

 
 
Reports Slumz.Boxden:
 
He also talked about his affinity for implementing melody in his music, saying that he only shies away from major chord progressions, saying, “Those aren’t the melodies that hit you in the heart.”
With Q Radio being in Canada, Drake was asked about the importance of his hometown, Toronto. “I’ve always been so proud of this city,” Drake said. “It’s the most open minded place you could possibly come from.” He added, “It took U.S. acceptance to create Canadian pride.”
When asked about the downbeat moments on the new album, Drake had this to say:
There’s a victorious sentiment behind it, you know? I think the most important thing to understand about this record is the sentiment. I’m 26, working as hard as I possibly can with my friends that I grew up with, making my family happy. I’m so sick of people saying that I’m lonely and emotional, a##ociating me with this longing for a woman. I hate that, man. It bothers me so much, because I do make music that feels something but I’m actually not that guy in real life. I’m a happy person. I make my music for the purpose of driving at nighttime.
 
Check out the interview
 

No comments:

Post a Comment