AdPower

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Nicki Minaj Ignites Tensions With Drake: “Who Gives A F**k About Trying To Be Different?” [Audio]

Young Money’s Nicki Minaj may have lit a fire underneath Drake after dishing out some dicey comments when asked about her upcoming solo project and if she would follow in his footsteps. When asked if she would avoid featuring her Young Money family like Drake did with his new Nothing Was The Same, Minaj notably took offense and spoke out.

 
 
According to SOHH:
 
Now, in an interview with DJ Whoo Kid, Nicki was asked about Drake in the context of her upcoming album. When she mentioned that she would be working with new people on the album, Whoo Kid asked her if she would be following Drake’s lead in not putting any YMCMB artists on her new album. Nicki said: “No, I’m Young Money til the death of me. Drake can do what Drake do but Nicki Minaj is a whole different person. I think your team is your team. Who gives a f*ck about trying to be different? I’m always going to want my team to be a part of my project, no matter what, in some way.” Does this response mean that the rift between the two has not been fully resolved? Or was the comment more innocuous than the tone might imply? (Complex)

A couple months ago, Drake discussed revealing a distanced relationship with Nicki on his “Tuscan Leather” track.

He admitted on “Tuscan Leather” that he’s “Not even talkin’ to Nicki, communication is breakin’/ I dropped the ball on some personal sh–, I need to embrace it.” So when MTV News caught up with the Toronto MC, we asked for the story behind the silence. “That line in ‘Tuscan Leather’ isn’t exactly where I am in my life right now but like a year ago…eight months, seven months ago, it was how I felt,” Drake told MTV News about the friendship’s rough patch. “I’d done something wrong and I wasn’t speaking to her.” (MTV)

Over the summer, Nicki said busy schedules ultimately kept them apart.
“Whatever is going on now, obviously we’re all very busy and you know, sh– happens,” she added. “It gets a little hard to have a real connection when people are on different sides of the world, working on different things. You just never know who people got in their ear or what they’re feeling or maybe they felt wronged in some way. I don’t know. I just know that Drake is my baby and Wayne is my everything.” (Hot 97)
 
Peep the audio



No comments:

Post a Comment