AdPower

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Drake Drops Kendrick Lamar Diss, TDE CEO Responds (Audio)

Young Money’s Drake has the Internet blazing this week after supposedly taking shots at Kendrick Lamar on Future’s new “Sh!t” remix with handfuls of subliminal jabs.

 
Various media outlets have suggested Drizzy’s bars go directly at K. Dot’s head.
Earlier today Future’s tour DJ, Esco, dropped the remix to “Sh!t” featuring Drake and Juicy J. While Drake doesn’t address Kendrick Lamar directly, Internet consensus is that the Toronto rapper takes aim at Compton’s finest in his opening verse: “And if a n*gga say my name, he the hot sh*t /But if I say that n*gga name he still the hot sh*t /F*cked up, lucky I don’t feed into the gossip /N*ggas act like they don’t know but they should know /Yeah, I just think it’s funny how they danglin’ the bait /But I’m the one whose killin’ n*ggas on the hooks though” (Complex)

Following the song’s release, Kendrick’s Top Dawg Entertainment CEO Anthony Tiffith responded via Twitter.

“If this is the best sh*t n*ggas got… I feel sorry 4 em…lmao #TDE,” Top Dawg tweeted December 17.

“the kid made rap fun again…everybody shud thank him…#TDE” (Anthony Tiffith’s Twitter)

Last month, Lamar said he had no real gripes with Drake and felt the Toronto native was very necessary for the new wave in music.

“I was having fun, rapping, man,” K. Dot replied when asked if he took shots at Drake during his TDE cypher. “Yeah. Nah, we we just having fun, you feel what I’m saying? Hip-hop is a sport and people are going to dissect lyrics and that’s what it’s about at the end of the day. I got nothing against Drake. He put out a great album, again, he’s doing his thing. He’s a part of this new generation that’s doing this music, you feel me?” (“The Breakfast Club”)



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment