AdPower

Friday, January 24, 2014

Kendrick Lamar Talks Grammy Noms & Next LP (Video)

Kendrick Lamar is up for 7 Grammys at Sunday’s ceremony including Album Of The Year for good kid, M.A.A.D city and he’s obviously excited about it. The TDE leader will be also taking the stage to perform with Imagine Dragons which should be a treat for the audience. He recently chatted with The Hollywood Reporter about his Grammy nominations, plans for next album, being inspired from Kanye, ‘Control’ verse and more.
On ‘Control’ verse:
“It wasn’t pre-meditated, it just came to me when I was writing that bar. The crazy part is, I didn’t think it would ever go to where diss records were coming at me. I thought people would be like… he threw some challenges out there… that was dope.”
On touring with Kanye and being creative:
“Kanye taught me to never to downplay your ideas,” adds Lamar. “I learned to always stay as creative as possible and never have any boundaries. Those things that people called ‘rants’ on-stage are real conversations that we had behind closed doors — about business and how when you get to a certain level people won’t want to see you break through because they only see you as a rapper.”
Watch the video interview below.


No comments:

Post a Comment